Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Let the Pictures Speak




I'm not saying the guy on top - Julio Evangelista (or whatever his name is) - isn't cool. That's beside the point. I'm just saying that taking the title away from Boyd is like taking candy from Ivan Drago in Rocky IV. It's just not a smart move. It's irresponsible. It's ... dare I say it ... inauthentic. So let's re-embrace truth and authenticity and leave Sam Boyd alone with his title. Don't steal it from him and give it to flowy hair man. If Sam Boyd can hold a bag of day old watermelon in a gallon-size freezer bag and look that cool, then there's no reason to continue talking about this conversation I'm having with myself. Oh, and not only does Sam own cowboy boots, he owns fly-fishing equipment - and uses it. I must be going ...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

But does he use his fly fishing equipment for good...or for awesome?

That makes a huge difference to me.

A Sojourner said...

To be fair (and I'm not saying I'm cooler than Sam -- I can't hang with fly fishermen), I am no longer flowing-hair-guy, and that was a bad hair night anyway...the humidity that day was just aweful.

Burly said...

Sure, sure. Mr. A "used-to-have-flowing-hair-guy" Sojourner. Did I say that the flowing hair was a mark against you? I did not. Now if you could perm it and make it look like an early '90s Aggasi - you might have a fighting chance.

Unknown said...

I have a suspicion Sojourner will never forgive me for starting a public coolness smackdown between him and Boyd by posting perhaps the Worst Picture of Michael Peter Van Gilst Ever Taken Anywhere.